At SGCH, we work closely with you to provide safe and affordable homes and great places for everyone.
We acknowledge that we have a unique relationship with you as both your landlord and a Community Housing Provider.
We place a strong emphasis on empowering customers and fostering community. That is why we involve customers in decisions about their housing and work to address housing issues locally. In fact, we have a dedicated Community, Place and Partnerships team that focuses primarily on a range of consultation and customer engagement activities that:
- help build economic independence
- encourage our customers to develop their education and skills
- improve health and wellbeing
- help our customers feel included in their community.
We do these things because we believe that people are the lifeblood of every community, and when people are connected and engaged, communities thrive, and lives are enriched.
So how will we work with you?
When you become an SGCH customer, our range of specialist staff will support you, including our:
- Tenancy Management team (including your assigned Tenancy Manager)
Additionally, we also have dedicated and specially trained teams to help you with more specific matters, including our:
- Rent and Payments team
- Property Services team
- Community and Place and Partnerships team
- Support Coordination team
You can find more about their roles by clicking through to their pages.
As with all good relationships, communication is key. We are committed to listening to you and communicating with you in a prompt, friendly, professional and efficient manner. Our Service Standards are clearly outlined in our Customer Service Charter.
You can help us by:
- providing complete, accurate and timely information
- keeping us informed if your personal circumstances change
- being respectful and courteous to our staff and contractors as per our Dignity and Respect Charter
- letting us know if you need support or assistance (e.g. Translation services or support from specialist agencies, etc)
- keeping all your responsibilities outlined in your Tenancy Agreement, such as paying your rent two weeks in advance and keeping your home in good condition
- granting us access to your home, should we need to complete inspections, home visits or repair work
- contacting us and negotiating a payment plan if you are facing any difficulties paying your rent
- providing us with feedback about the quality of our service.
Your home; as unique as you
Everyone is different. We know it is important to you that SGCH understands your situation and we strive to give you personal customer service. We know that your needs may be very different from your neighbours.
As a registered community housing provider, SGCH can offer different programs. For example, we provide Social Housing and Affordable Housing. These are separate programs with specific eligibility criteria, meaning we calculate the rent differently.
When you sign your lease with us, we will explain the terms of your Residential Tenancy Agreement. We match your lease terms and rent (and any other charges) to the needs of your household. Your neighbour may not have the same length of tenancy or pay the same amount as you.
If you would like more information about your own lease terms, or your circumstances have changed, please contact SGCH.