SGCH Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube Linked In Linked In Weibo Wechat Email Phone Next Scroll to move Touch to move edit Play Play Pause Volume Mute Zoom Open Close Increase Font Size Decrease Font Size Graphic of parent and child Graphic of hand holding heart Graphic of person holding a tree Graphic of three people Graphic of computer screen Graphic of person next to house Graphic of office building Graphic of three people Graphic of parent with child holding balloon Graphic of house Graphic of gavel Graphic of three people Graphic of traffic cone Graphic of three people Graphic of heart made up of four puzzle pieces Graphic of bulldozer

Applying for a Transfer

Tenants who want to transfer must complete an Application for Housing Assistance and a Transfer Supplement. If the tenant is applying for a transfer based on medical grounds, they must also complete a Medical Assessment form. All completed and required documentation must be returned to us so that their application can be assessed.

Under Housing Pathways, a tenant may choose to apply for all social housing options available or public housing and Aboriginal Housing Office properties only, or community housing only. However, tenants are not able to choose to be housed by a specific community housing provider, e.g. SGCH.

Visit Housing Pathways for more information and to Apply



Mutual exchange

Mutual exchange is where two of our social housing tenants choose to swap properties. Mutual exchange allows tenants to move to a different location or find a property that better suits their needs. SGCH  maintain a register of tenants who are interested in mutual exchange. 

Requests for mutual exchange

If tenants agree to a mutual exchange they must request approval from us prior to exchanging properties. Approval can be requested by completing a Mutual Exchange Request form available from our office. Exchanging properties without approval is a breach of the Residential Tenancy Agreement.

Mutual Exchange PolicyMutual Exchange Request Form