SGCH’s COVID-19 Response – Health and Safety
Updated 18 March 2021
SGCH is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation in New South Wales, interstate and globally.
Given the changing situation in NSW, we are recommending that customers call and make an appointment before visiting our offices. We have started home visits and property inspections again, with staff following COVID safe plans including wearing masks and staying 1.5m from other people.
Please be assured that we will continue to take swift action to protect our customers, team and organisation. The health and wellbeing of our customers and team is our highest priority.
To date, we have put in place a number of measures to protect our customers and team from the risk of COVID-19 transmission, which are summarised below. For more detailed information on the support we are providing to our customers during COVID-19 and how to best contact our team, please click here.
- Registering for the COVID safe tick from the NSW Government for our office environment, events and community rooms
- Using QR Codes for customers and staff to check in when they attend our offices or community rooms
- Asking customers to let us know if they have been asked to self-isolate or have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Encouraging customers to call and make an appointment first before attending our offices, and if they do have to come in, to respect social distancing measures (barriers) at Reception
- Providing face masks for customers and team members to wear when they are interacting with each other in our offices and at our properties
- Asking customers to wear face masks if they need to meet with our team members in our meeting rooms
- Placing additional hand sanitisers around our offices, asking customers and team members to be vigilant about good hygiene, and promoting hygienic practices including hand washing, coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Closing our satellite offices (at Sutherland, Riverwood and Fairfield) from Wednesday 18 March 2020. We regularly review the situation to determine when it will be appropriate for the satellite offices to reopen.
- Holding outdoor community activities in line with current NSW Government health advice and providing opportunities for customers to also get involved online through our Community, Place and Partnerships (CPP) Studio
- Providing additional support to our elderly or more vulnerable customers – particularly those living in larger blocks, by making regular contact with them
- Limiting the total number of staff working in our offices at any one time, so we can continue to socially distance
- Conducting home visits and property inspections in line with the advice from NSW Health
- Asking team members to take extra precautions and use their discernment with scheduling or postponing home-visits, meetings or repair work
- Asking team members to call customers before visiting them at home, to check that they are well and do not have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Postponing or cancelling all SGCH corporate events and staff training until further notice – unless they can be done via teleconference, video conference, or safely distanced with a limited number of attendees
- Suspending unnecessary work-related interstate and international work-related travel
- Providing customers and team members with the latest public health advice from Health NSW and the World Health Organisation
- Keeping a record of all team members who have chosen to inform us of their compromised immunity and who may need extra protection.
We are committed to remaining agile in our response and will continue to monitor the World Health Organisation (WHO) and NSW Health websites for updates and guidelines.