SGCH’s COVID-19 Response – Health and Safety
Updated 20 December 2020
SGCH is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation in New South Wales, interstate and globally.
Given the changing situation in NSW, we are asking customers to only visit our offices for urgent matters of if they need to sign a lease with us. We are currently postponing all non essential home visits and property inspections until further notice.
Please be assured that we will continue to take swift action to protect our customers, team and organisation. The health and wellbeing of our customers and team is our highest priority.
Through technology, we have effectively mobilised our systems and our team, so we can continue to manage service operations and support our customers as best as possible, through this difficult period.
To date, we have put in place a number of measures to protect our customers and team from the risk of COVID-19 transmission, which are summarised below. For more detailed information on the support we are providing to our customers during COVID-19 and how to best contact our team, please click here.
- Registering for the COVID safe tick from the NSW Government for our office environment
- Using QR Codes for customers and staff to check in when they attend our offices
- Asking customers to let us know if they have been asked to self-quarantine or have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Encouraging customers to call and make an appointment first before attending our offices, and to respect social distancing measures (barriers) at Reception should they have to come in
- Asking team members and customers to wear face masks whenever they are interacting with customers in the office and at our properties
- Asking customers to wear face masks if they need to meet with our team members in our meeting rooms
- Placing additional hand sanitisers around our offices, asking customers and team members to be vigilant about good hygiene, and promoting hygienic practices including hand washing, coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Closing our satellite offices (at Greenway, Sutherland, Riverwood and Fairfield) from Wednesday 18 March and redeploying these staff to our three main offices at Hurstville, Bonnyrigg and St Leonards
- Holding some of our outdoor community activities in line with current NSW Government health advice (****currently postponed) and providing opportunities for customers to get involved online through our Community, Place and Partnerships (CPP) Studio
- Providing additional support to our elderly or more vulnerable customers – particularly those living in larger blocks, by making regular contact with them
- Asking team members to alternate their working arrangements between working from home and our offices so that we limit the number of staff working in our offices and can continue to socially distance
- Conducting home visits and property inspections in line with the advice from NSW Health – ****currently postponed
- Asking team members to take extra precautions and use their discernment with scheduling or postponing home-visits, meetings or repair work
- Asking team members to call customers before visiting them at home, to check that they are well and do not have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Postponing or cancelling all SGCH corporate events and staff training until further notice – unless they can be done via teleconference or video conference
- Suspending unnecessary work-related interstate and international work-related travel
- Providing customers and team members with the latest public health advice from Health NSW and the World Health Organisation
- Keeping a record of all team members who have compromised immunity and may need extra protection.
We are committed to remaining agile in our response and will continue to monitor the World Health Organisation (WHO) and NSW Health websites for updates and guidelines.