SGCH’s COVID-19 Response – Health and Safety
Updated 22 July 2021
Greater Sydney continues to be affected by COVID-19 and with stay at home restrictions, we understand there is a lot of information to take in.
As your housing provider, we want to make sure we are giving useful information about your tenancy during COVID-19. Monitoring the evolving situation, our goal is to continue to serve our customers while protecting your health and safety and that of our, staff, contractors, and the broader community.
Current arrangements – check back regularly!
We will update this page regularly and let you know if anything has changed about the way we are doing business. In accordance with NSW Government’s advice, the following changes are now in place:
- Our offices in Hurstville, St Leonards and Redfern are open by appointment only. Please call before you visit. When attending your appointment, you must wear a mask and follow social distancing measures.
- Our Bonnyrigg, Fairfield, Riverwood and Sutherland offices are currently closed.
- We can help you over the phone as usual with tenancy and repair questions, please call the team on 1800 573 370.
- We will increase cleaning in our high density apartment buildings as necessary.
- All residents who live in apartments or buildings that have a common area must wear a mask when using the common area, even if it is just to go from your apartment to the outside or to the bin area. Visitors, delivery drivers and contractors must also wear a mask in common areas.
- Urgent repairs will continue as usual. For health and safety, you will be asked a few questions about COVID-19. Our contractors are under strict instructions to follow COVID-safe practices when working in your home. Read our Reponsive Maintenance policy for details on what types of repairs are considered urgent.
- We have sought and received assurances from our contractors that any of their staff who live or are staying in the Fairfield LGA will comply with the current public health order for the area. This order means that workers who leave the Fairfield LGA for work need to be tested for COVID-19 every three days, regardless of symptoms.
- Any contractor working inside your home or in the common areas of apartment buildings must wear a mask. If someone comes to work at your home or in your building without a mask, you do not need to let them in. Please call us.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a mask yourself if you are having an urgent repair done in your home and to practice social distancing to keep you and your household safe.
- Please continue to report all repairs as normal so we can schedule your maintenance as soon as it is safe to do so.
For the most up to date information, please visit the NSW Health website where you can find information in community languages on:
- Current COVID-19 case locations
- Current restrictions for Greater Sydney
- Your nearest COVID-19 testing clinic
- Where you can get vaccinated against COVID-19
- Information on COVID-19 Disaster Payments
- Community leaders explain the need to stay at home
- No visitors to your home during the stay at home order
We are here to help you. Please call us for support or referral to someone who can assist. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, please ask us about our COVID-19 financial hardship measures.
The Australian Government has also released a COVID-19 Disaster Payment for workers who are unable to earn income due to a COVID-19 lockdown, hotspot or period of restricted movement.
For more information visit the Services Australia website.
Information for SGCH customers living in LGAs with increased restrictions
In addition to the stay at home orders for Greater Sydney, there are increased restrictions for residents of Liverpool, Fairfield and Canterbury Bankstown LGAs.
The restrictions vary depending on your situation, so please read the detailed restrictions for your LGA on the NSW Health website.