We operate a local office in St Leonards that supports the 1,400 tenancies we manage across the local government areas of Willoughby, North Sydney, Hunters Hill and Lane Cove.
At our St Leonards office, we also offer FACS’ Private Rental Assistance products and assist local people with new and existing social housing applications.
Help with Housing Assistance
The SGCH Housing Pathways team offers Private Rental Assistance (PRA) products that were previously managed by FACS. These services are for people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, and include:
- Temporary Accommodation a short-term housing solution up to 28 days
- Private Rental Subsidy to help people with medium term accommodation in the private rental market, until an offer of social housing can be made
- Tenancy Assistance payment of rent and/or water arrears in cases where a private tenancy is threatened because of arrears
- Tenancy Facilitation help to search for and apply for housing in the private market. This is offered along with Rent It Keep It – intensive support to help new tenants understand their rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- Tenancy Guarantee to encourage private sector landlords and agents to rent properties to people who are having difficulty entering the private market
- Rent Choice Start Safely short to medium term financial support for people experiencing domestic or family violence.
At our St Leonards office, SGCH can assist any person with a social housing enquiry. We can offer help with:
- New applications for social housing
- Updates to existing applications for social housing
- Transfer enquiries and applications.
New applicants can also visit the FACS website or call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322.
Repairs and Maintenance: Customers in our Northern Region can call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322 to report repairs.
People experiencing homelessness can visit or phone SGCH during office hours or call link2home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 152 152.
Our St Leonards office is located at Ground floor, 14-16 Chandos Street, St Leonards NSW 2065.
Our office has computers and phones for visitors to use for applications, property searches, downloading supporting documentation (such as bank statements), and, calls to Centrelink and the Housing Contact Centre.
We also manage an outreach office at Greenway, Monday to Friday 10 am to 3 pm. The Greenway Office is located at Ground floor, Block A Greenway, Greenway Drive, Kirribilli.