A service designed to help you find and maintain suitable training and/or employment.
If you are interested in finding training or employment, we can help.
Any SGCH tenant who is interested in finding employment or training opportunities can access Catalyst.
There are three parts to Catalyst: Catalyst Coaching, Catalyst Training and Catalyst Funding. You can access all three or only one, depending on your needs.
Catalyst Coaching helps you find current employment and training opportunities, through:
Access to information
You can also sign up for a fortnightly email about potential training and job opportunities – just click the subscribe button below.
You can make an appointment with our Employment Opportunities Manager to:
- discuss your career aspirations
- write your resume and cover letter
- find out about relevant employment and training opportunities
- practice preparing for interviews
- receive post-placement support
- be referred to other specialised training or employment services.
Catalyst Training provides you with the skills you need to enter the job market, through:
- offering an in-house tailored Job Skills workshop four times a year
- signposting you to appropriate third party training courses.
Third party training courses
The Employment Opportunities Manager can help direct you to relevant third party training courses.
Job Skills workshop
We run a tailored Job Skills workshop four times a year, in January, April, July and September. The two-day course covers:
- Resume writing: How to tailor your resume to impress employers.
- Cover letters: Write a cover letter that will stand out from other applicants.
- Interview preparation: Learn how to prepare for interviews and conquer those nerves.
- Interview practice: Put your new skills into practice during mock interviews.
SGCH fully funds the course, so there is no cost to you. You must be able to commit to the full two-day course to be eligible to attend. Places are reserved on a first come, first served basis, and a maximum of 12 customers can attend each workshop.
Catalyst Funding helps our customers overcome any financial barriers which are preventing them from finding training or employment. Funding may be available for items such as:
- accredited training administration fees
- employer-required training
- work-related licensing (e.g. Construction White Card)
- pre-employment checks (e.g. national police check).
Funding is available on a case-by-case basis, and the amount will depend on your individual needs.
WHO CAN USE CATALYST?
Any SGCH tenant or household member who is looking for training or employment can use Catalyst. There are some additional eligibility criteria for people wishing to access Catalyst Funding. For more information about these, please see the Catalyst Funding guidelines or contact our Employment Opportunities Manager.
HOW CAN I ACCESS CATALYST?
Please contact our Employment Opportunities Manager Carrie to discuss whether Catalyst is suitable for your needs. Contact Carrie on 8974 9719 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.